Our Macmillan Carer Support Team provide practical and emotional support for carers looking after people with a terminal diagnosis or approaching the end of their life
Information & Advice
Our advisors are here to help by offering information and guidance to support you in your caring role. Call us on 0300 7 70 80 90 to find out how we can help.
Having the right information can help you anticipate some of the difficulties you may encounter and help you get the right support at the right time. We can;
- Information on local support and services
- Explaining power of attorney and writing a will
- Information of financial support available for somebody approaching the end of life.
- Support to complete benefits applications
- Details of local hospices
- Preparing you for a Carers Assessment
- Information on how to get a break
- Helping you make plans for the future and make decisions about end-of-life care.
- Talking to you about who to contact if you need a break and who to contact in the event of an emergency
- Explaining the Advance Care Planning document.
This is a very difficult time for you and you will feel strong and confusing emotions. We know that caring for someone can be very isolating.
Our friendly staff and volunteers offer you the opportunity to talk to somebody over the phone or face to face.
Call us on 0300 7 70 80 90.
It is important that you are involved in decisions about the care of your loved one. We can support you by;
- Liaising with health professionals and Adult Social Care
- Supporting you to be involved in decisions such as active intervention to prolong life or whether a person with dementia should be transferred to hospital at the very end of their life.